Monday, November 15, 2010

Intern Alumni Updates - '10

Writing to us from Prague in the Czech Republic, Joe Gracely, Summer '10, reports “I am loving Prague so much! I'm super busy with classes and projects but luckily I've still had lots of time to travel and see other parts of Europe. Berlin and London were two of my favorites, and Amsterdam looked like a giant, real-life postcard. I'm taking a Czech Art and Architecture class here, which has meant I spend a lot of my time up and around Prague Castle--breathtaking. And I'm also getting to write stories for my international reporting class--interviewing Czech locals and writing about local issues for a world audience. It's all a lot of work, but well worth the time.

Keeping us posted from chilly New England, where she’s at Boston University, Jennifer Wang, Summer '10 reports, “I'm currently preparing for several midterms this coming week and my art history (AH393 Contemporary Art:1980 - Now) midterm is this thursday. In the last lecture, Felix Gonzales-Torres was the main artist discussed in class and we talked about how his work was a reflection of his experience with AIDS and the gay culture. On the exact same day of this lecture, I received the BlafferBlast on the special membership event, what a coincidence! Not only is Gonzales-Torres taught in my class, my professor will be giving a lecture on "Art and Architecture" next week which includes Tomas Saraceno. I'm thoroughly excited about the upcoming lecture and I'm also planning on speaking with my professor about the internship I had at Blaffer Art Museum. I'm thrilled to share about my internship experience and the exhibition he had at the art museum.

No comments: