Monday, November 15, 2010

Intern Alumni Updates - '08, '09

Suzanne Richards ’08 keeps in touch by visiting Blaffer while in town from New Orleans. She reports, “After leaving the Blaffer and Houston in January, 2009, I moved from Houma, LA. I have since moved to New Orleans, in January 2010, just in time for the Superbowl. Currently, I am on the board of directors as the development chair for the New Orleans Photo Alliance. Essentially, I develop the membership database and design its collateral, write grants and seek corporate funding. We are very excited to celebrate the 5th anniversary of PhotoNOLA (which was modeled after Houston's FotoFest) in December. A few weeks ago, I was very honored to introduce Joyce Tenneson, an iconic fine arts photographer, at her lecture, based on a retrospective of her work as part of NOPA's programming.”

Jeremy Williams, ’09, a Blaffer alum who has graduated with a degree in sociology and a minor in Art History writes “Since graduation I've started my own inner loop dog walking service. I have a few steady clients and am very excited to be putting all of my promotional material together. It's great to wake up everyday and spend my day driving around the innerloop, playing with pups, and being outside. I hope to save up enough money to go to graduate school in a year or two. I'm still thinking about architecture.” He also adds, “My experience with the Blaffer internship program helped me gain a lot of self-confidence while learning skills that I've been able to apply in developing my own business.”

No comments: